It is our policy that all pupils wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. Our policy is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- is practical and smart
- identifies the students with the school
- is fair and makes students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and removes peer pressure to dress in ‘designer’ fashions
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents/carers
- can assist identification of strangers on school premises
- is designed with health and safety in mind
For more information please have a read of our Uniform Policy which can be found at the bottom of this page.
Crown Street Primary School parents/carers will be able to purchase uniform from a choice of suppliers and in the future at pop-up second hand sales. We are committed to ensuring our uniform supplier arrangements give the highest priority to cost and value for money. Uniform from our preferred suppliers will be available from May 2024 (following application offers being sent out in April 2024).